Saturday, October 18, 2008

MMMMMMMMMMMug Cake!

Okay I just saw this recipe on one of my reading groups (Thanks CathyS!), I haven't tried it, and prolly wont till I come back from Surrey. But I can't wait! I guess it's going around in emails, I havent received it from anyone yet though, so it was new to me. I'd like to figure out the WW points on it too, maybe I can do it a bit less calorie wise and see if it's a nice subsitute for dinner! :-)

Enjoy!
M

(This is my favorite mug to drink out of.....or maybe to eat chocolate cake out of!)

CHOCOLATE MUG CAKE
1 large Coffee Mug
4 tablespoons flour(that's plain flour, not self-rising)
4 tablespoons sugar
2 tablespoons baking cocoa
1 egg - slightly beaten with a fork
3 tablespoons milk
3 tablespoons oil
3 tablespoons chocolate chips (optional) (I used a few chopped walnuts instead)
Small splash of vanilla

Add dry ingredients to mug, (I actually use a bowl and then dump it into the mug,sprayed with PAM to bake.) and mix well.
Add the egg and mix thoroughly.
Pour in the milk and oil and mix well.
Add the chocolate chips or nuts (if using) and vanilla, and mix again.
Put your mug in the microwave and cook for 3 minutes at 1000 watts.
The cake will rise over the top of the mug, but don't be alarmed! It will sink back down as soon as the micro stops.
Allow to cool a little, and tip out onto a plate if desired. EAT! (this can serve 2 if you want to share-it's really too much for one person - unless you're having a really bad day!)

And why is this the most dangerous cake recipe in the world? Because now we are all only 5 minutes away from chocolate cake at any time of the day or night!

0 comments:

 

M&M's Blog | Creative Commons Attribution- Noncommercial License | Dandy Dandilion Designed by Simply Fabulous Blogger Templates